Tuesday, December 2, 2008

First post - What's this about

This is my blog to chronicle my little weight loss experiment, which is to see if I can incorporate the game DDR (dance dance revolution) into a successful weightloss program.

I currently have a couple of bad habits that I need to curb. One, is an addiction to Chocolate. Two is an addiction to energy drinks. I cook my own food, so that's not so much of a problem, but making better choices when I do go out would probably be better.

In terms of exercise.. well lets just say I have a desk job, and that I'm pretty much chained to the desk for most of the day. Also, I'm not a big fan of the hamstering away at a treadmill or elliptical trainer. I prefer something that's fun and interactive. And this is why I really love DDR.

I should probably state I'm 31, so this is not like a hyperactive kid, just someone who doesn't like the conventional state of stationary fitness.

I'm 5'2" and 198lbs as of this entry.

I did 1 hour of DDR yesterday in fitness mode. (yes, the game has a fitness mode, where it counts calories) The songs were fluctuating between basic and difficult mode. I have a wii (although DDR is available for pretty much any system out there..), but I'm not using the wiimote for hands right now, just doing legwork. Jumps on, double steps on. One hour equals about 393 calories, and boy, did I work up a good sweat. Soaked my shirt clean through. I KNOW I got my heartrate up. Especially durring some of the difficult songs. I imagine if I add in hands it will be more.

No comments: